Broad experience in curriculum, leadership, management and organisation in a range of educational settings: pre-school, primary, secondary and tertiary.
2007 – present
Glen Iris Primary School Principal
Victorian Curriculum Assessment Authority Specialist Curriculum Writer
University of Melbourne Lecturer: Inquiry Learning
Innovations and Excellence cluster of schools Cluster Educator
Bimbadeen Heights, Kilsyth, Manchester, Mooroolbark East Primaries, Mooroolbark College
2005 – present
NAPLAN Writing Assessor Supervisor/Marker
Great Ryrie Primary Leading Teacher
VCAA AIM Item writer Writer
1990–1996 Classroom Teacher/A.I.S
Toddler Kindy Gymbaroo Learning consultant, management, teaching
Published educational materials include:
- Choosing childcare: what does neuroscience tell us? (2016) in First Steps Magazine, Melbourne.
- Glen Iris Primary School: 1865-2015 (2015), Editor.
- Chopper Rescue and other stories: mentoring highly able writers (2011) Teaching Solutions, Melbourne
- School Readiness (2011) in First Steps Magazine, Melbourne.
- Cooking with your toddler (2010) in First Steps Magazine, Melbourne.
- Girlfriends! Teacher Manual (2010) Teaching Solutions, Melbourne.
- Story telling (2008) in First Steps Magazine, Melbourne.
- Leading Learning Modeling (2007) in The Educational Technology Solutions, Issue 21, Australian Media Group, Blackburn.
- Is your child a visual learner (2006) in First Steps Magazine, TKG, Melbourne.
- Introduction to learning styles (2006) in First Steps Magazine, TKG, Melbourne.
- Meter Mentoring (2005) in LabTalk, Science Teachers (STAV) Victoria
- A Linear Life (2005) short story, RPH
- Nail Boy (2005), children’s book, published in Auslan/standard English split screen animation CD and book, Victorian College Deaf/Education Foundation
- Radical Reading (2005) in Snapshots, Primary Vol.2, Issue 2, UK.
- Opening Doors (2001) Australia Sports Commission.
- Teachers Talk About: Experiences of Integrating Students with Disabilities (1996), Australian Sport Commission, Belconnen.
- The new Victorian Curriculum: Civics and Citizenship, University of Melbourne (2016)
- Curriculum presentations at local schools include: Camberwell South, Hawthorn West, Mullum Mullum, Laburnum and Solway Primaries and the Boroondara Network (2014/15)
- Speaking and Listening (2013) Mooroolbark East Primary School Curriculum Day
- Storymaking Framework (2010, 2011, 2012)
- Confidence, Camaraderie, Community, Connections, CDAA Conference: Adelaide (2010)
- Health uses of the mobile phone in education, VITTA Conference, Melbourne (2009) with Dr. Elizabeth Hartnell-Young
- Beginning with one webcam! Boroondara Network Schools (2009)
- Digital Storytelling: Bilingual Resources, ICTEV Conference, Melbourne and Canberra (2007)
- Taroma Curriculum Day for Deaf Teachers and Interpreters, Hobart (2006)
- Developing programs for Girls! At Risk! 3 International Middle Years Conference, South Australia (2006)
- Inquiry Learning, 12th International Thinking Conference, Melbourne, (2005)
- CDAA Judith Leeson Primary Finalist: Girlfriends! Program Team, 2010
- ISTE Finalist ICT Teacher of the Year, 2008
- ACEC National Teacher of the Year, 2008
- ICTEV State Teacher of the Year, 2008
- Elizabeth Gray Award (Mentoring teachers), Finalist, 2007
- National Quality Schooling Award, Whole School Improvement, 2006
- National Numeracy and Literacy Awards, State Finalist, 2005